Saturday, March 17, 2012

Operation: Shape worshiper

Life is preparation for God-worthy worship here and in heaven. God uses life to teach us how distraught and without we are apart from living in Him and through Him. He allows us to shipwreck when we sidestep Him, so our desire is always to Him and for Him. Today, He's mulling you more into the worshiper He's always imagined you'd be.

What you're after is truth from the inside out. Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life. Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean, scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life. Tune me in to foot-tapping songs, set these once-broken bones to dancing. God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life. Don't throw me out with the trash, or fail to breathe holiness in me. Bring me back from gray exile, put a fresh wind in my sails! Give me a job teaching rebels your ways so the lost can find their way home. Unbutton my lips, dear God; I'll let loose with your praise. Going through the motions doesn't please you, a flawless performance is nothing to you. I learned God-worship when my pride was shattered. Heart-shattered lives ready for love don't for a moment escape God's notice. (Psalm 51:6-8, 10-13, 15-17 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment